The FSD team is growing! Interested in a career in the robotics and automation industry? With over 20 years of experience in the automation industry, Factory Surplus Direct is a trusted source for automation and robotic parts, service, and support. Be a part of our team!
FSD is looking to add an experienced Robot Field Service Technician to our team. The ideal candidate will be a team player that can work in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment. We are looking for a highly motivated professional that can single-handedly design, document, specify and create small turnkey robot system solutions with minimal guidance or support.
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
· 4 years+ minimum related industry experience in a manufacturing environment
· Minimum technician, technologist diploma in Electrical & mechanical engineering (greater emphasis on controls & electrical)
· Able to program, setup, wire and troubleshoot ABB, Kuka, Fanuc, and Motoman Robots
· Able to read electrical drawings with full BOM’s
· Able to troubleshoot electrical control panels for systems (HMI’s, PLC’s, relays, safety relays, powers supply, VFD’s, pushbuttons, etc)
· Troubleshooting electrical/ mechanical systems in robots
· Must have extensive experience with a wide range of tools, and power tools
· Able to assist with wiring and integration of robot projects
· Clean driver abstract and valid driver’s license
· Clean record
· Valid Canadian passport and ability to travel internationally if needed
Able to work after hours and weekends.
- Experience in system integration
- Experience in programming Nachi, Kawasaki, and Comau robots
- Experience with Collaborative robots
- Additional languages other than English
- Able to troubleshoot Allen Bradley, Siemens, and Omron PLC programs
- Experience generating documentation for robot and automation system manuals
- Process knowledge in any of the following: Mig Welding, Spot Welding, Waterjet cutting, Laser or Plasma cutting, and Paint
- Knowledge of CNC’s
We look forward to hearing from you!
* Compensation to be determined based on experience/qualifications