Robots can fail due to
- Human error
- Control panel problems (PLC, Network)
- Mechanical failures
- Electrical failures
- Environmental factors like power outages
Failures can lead to human injury and sometimes even death, as well as costly downtime.
Common Root Causes for Robot Failures:
Cable Dress Packs, as simple as it sounds, cable management dress packs are often neglected. Problems are generated because the movement of the robot generates tangles and tension that can lead to cable breaks. We sell best in class Reiku Dress Pack Systems and can install.
Programming: To function properly, robots require programming specific to the application and environment in which they operate. Incorrect programming or activation of the teach pendant or control panel can lead to a robot error that may expose employees to the risk of injury.
Maintenance: Without proper preventative maintenance programs common failures in gear boxes, motors, internal harnesses and simple battery failures or over heating due to old dirty fans and clogged filters cause serious down time. We have PM programs that keep your robots running and maximize both uptime and robot life.
Skilled technicians and engineers at FSD not only respond to critical robot repairs but assist customers in developing better preventative maintenance programs.
Contact us today for all your robot service, support and spare part needs firstname.lastname@example.org
For industrial robots to preserve their ideal productivity and functionality, they should undergo routine examination and preventive maintenance.
It is essential to understand that due to the fact industrial robots need to do their work within ordinarily predictable space and time constraints, preserving them appropriately is a vital part of keeping them safe for the individuals and equipment that must share a workplace with them.
Preventive maintenance helps avoid equipment failure by systematically replacing damaged components and/or identifying and correcting problems before they lead to failure. This process is carried out with the following steps:
- Backup of controller memory as well as teach pendant programs and application software
- Supervise/observe the robot in movement perceiving any cable wear, irregular motion or sounds
- Replace robot batteries to safeguard robot positional data during power loss
- Change controller batteries to avoid loss of software and programming during power loss
- Replace internal grease based on robot model’s requirements
- Verify motor brakes for slippage
- Clean controller ventilation and filters to guarantee correct heat exchange
- Clean and complete visual examination of robot mechanical unit, end of arm tooling, and cabling
Robot Preventive Maintenance Advantages:
- Enhanced robot durability and reliability
- Detect potential failures prior to unexpected downtime
- Maintenance program can be customized for each robot
- Data to help scheduling upcoming maintenance work
- Precise metering on grease replacement to defend against overpressure and seal damage
- A large number of spare parts in stock for quick repairs
- Always offering 24-hour service and support
To improve the performance and reliability of industrial robots, preventive and predictive maintenance is essential. The FSD Robotics Maintenance Team provides maintenance programs that guarantee the best results and performance of your robots.
For more information about Robot Preventive & Predictive Maintenance, contact the FSD Robotics Service Team for all your robot services & repairs today!