The FSD team is growing! Interested in a career in the robotics and automation industry? With over 20 years of experience in the automation industry, Factory Surplus Direct is a trusted source for automation and robotic parts, service, and support. Be a part of our team!
We are looking for a resourceful, energetic problem solver that can work efficiently both
individually or in a team setting and can also interact effectively with customers and vendors when necessary.
The candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience and be responsible for programming, integrating, troubleshooting, repairing, and testing industrial robots and CNC’s. Expert Fanuc robot experience is mandatory and any other experience with ABB, Motoman, Kuka, Nachi, Kawasaki or others would also be an asset. Experience with various CNC machines and controls is mandatory. Additional experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens, and Omron PLC's would also be an asset.
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded individual with an educational background in industrial controls, automation, CNC's and robotics. Preference will be given to electrical and mechanical technicians and technologists. Experience in system integration, service-related jobs, or manufacturing environments would be an asset. The ability to comfortably use a wide range of tools, computers, and software is required. After-hours and weekend work will be required as needed to accommodate emergency service.
FSD is an equal opportunity employer and provides a great workplace environment, focusing on our core values: Integrity & Respect, Teamwork, Health & Happiness, Innovation & Speed, and Resourcefulness. We get involved in the community in multiple ways, through charity sponsors, corporate events, and trade shows. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package after a specified probationary period.
- Prepare and interpret conventional and computer-assisted design (CAD) engineering designs, drawings, and specifications for machines and components, CNC & Robot systems, process and controls
- Prepare cost and material estimates, project schedules, and reports
- Conduct tests and analyses of Fanuc robot and CNC machines, components, and materials to determine their performance, strength, response to stress, and other characteristics
- Design robotic and CNC controls, and fixtures for use in manufacturing processes
- Inspect electrical and mechanical installations for various industrial robots and CNC’s
- Prepare contract and tender documents
- Supervise, monitor and inspect electrical and mechanical installations and projects
- Prepare standards and schedules and supervise electrical/mechanical maintenance programs or operations of labs and customer manufacturing facilities
- Program and setup Fanuc robots and CNC machines
- Assist with Robot and CNC field service calls
- Assist with lab R&D programs for test fixturing using Fanuc, ABB, Motoman, and Kuka Robots
- Completion of a two- or three-year college program in electrical/mechanical engineering technology
- Must have valid drivers license and a valid passport (Nexus pass also an asset)
- Must be able to travel internationally if required
- Must have minimum of 5 years of Fanuc/other Robotic Programming & service experience
- Must have minimum of 5 years of Fanuc CNC Programming & service experience
- Mandatory expert experience with Fanuc RJ3, RJ3i, RJ3iA, RJ3iB, RJ3iC, R30iA, R30iB, R30iBplus
- Electrical and electronic troubleshooting
- Must have CAD & 3D Simulation Software programming experience
- Expert OEM knowledge of Fanuc CNC controls
- Basic PLC experience with Siemens, Omron, or Allen Bradley
- Experience with power tools, and a variety of electrical and standard tools
- Must have strong automation/robotics background
- Must be organized and punctual
- Additional languages an asset
Vacation Pay, Overtime Pay, Benefits Package