The FSD team is growing! Interested in a career in the robotics and automation industry? With over 20 years of experience in the automation industry, Factory Surplus Direct is a trusted source for automation and robotic parts, service, and support. Be a part of our team!
FSD is looking to add an experienced Robot Field Service Technician to our team. The ideal candidate will be a team player that can work in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment. We are looking for a highly motivated professional that can single-handedly design, document, specify and create small turnkey robot system solutions with minimal guidance or support.
- 4+ years minimum related industry experience – preferably with a Systems Integrator.
- Minimum Technologist Diploma in Electrical & Mechanical Engineering (greater emphasis on Controls & Electrical).
- Troubleshooting Electrical / Mechanical Systems.
- Must have extensive experience with a wide range of tools, and power tools.
- Able to read electrical drawings with full BOMs.
- Able to design, troubleshoot electrical control panels for systems (HMI’s, PLC’s, relays, safety relays, powers supply, VFD’s, pushbuttons, etc).
- Experience generating documentation for Robot and Automation System Manuals.
- Experience with Mill, Lathe, Welders, and Plasma Cutters.
- Must be able to program, setup, wire, and fully integrate ABB, Kuka, and Fanuc Robots.
- Additional languages other than English.
- Able to troubleshoot/program Allen Bradley, Siemens, and Omron PLC programs.
- Experience with CNCs and Collaborative Robots.
- Experience in system integration.
- Experience in programming Motoman, Kuka, and/or Nachi robots.
- 8 hour shift, Monday to Friday.
- Valid Canadian passport or ability to travel internationally if needed.
- Clean record, clean driver abstract, and valid driver’s license.
- Able to work after hours and weekends.
- Overtime required.
* Compensation to be determined based on experience/qualifications