The FSD team is growing! Interested in a career in the robotics and automation industry? With over 20 years of experience in the automation industry, Factory Surplus Direct is a trusted source for automation and robotic parts, service and support. Be a part of our team!
We are looking for a resourceful, energetic problem solver that can work efficiently both individually or in a team setting, and can also interact effectively with customers and vendors when necessary.
The Jr. Electronics Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and testing industrial electronic equipment.
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded individual with an educational background in industrial controls, automation or electronics. Preference will be given to electrical technicians and technologists. Experience in service related jobs or manufacturing environments would be an asset. The ability to comfortably use a wide range of tools, computers, and software would be required.
FSD provides a great workplace environment, focusing on our core values: Integrity & Respect, Teamwork, Health & Happiness, Innovation & Speed, and Resourcefulness. We get involved in the community in multiple ways, through charity sponsors, corporate events and trade shows. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package after the specified probationary period.
● Repairing and troubleshooting industrial electronics at the component level
● Assisting engineering team with test stand design and implementation
● Assisting in the servo motor lab with diagnostics of electrical servo motors
● Wiring harnesses
● Minimum five (5) years of experience
● Experience in repairing Fanuc, Siemens, Indramat, Allen Bradley Mitsubishi and other major brands for drives, power supplies, controllers, HMI’s, PLC’s etc.
● Must have previous repair facility experience
● Experience with building and designing test stands for product verification
● Must have strong background in electronics
● College or University graduate from a related program
● Must be physically fit (able to lift up to 40 kg repeatedly) and have safety footwear
● Must have valid G class driver’s license and valid passport (Nexus pass is an asset)
● Must be able to travel internationally if required
● Must have PLC & Robotic Programming experience
● Experience with electronic inventory management systems an asset
● Must be organized and punctual
● Additional languages an asset
* Compensation to be determined based on experience/qualifications
● College or University from related program (Required)
● Driver’s License G (Preferred)