The FSD team is growing again! Interested in a career in the robotics and automation industry? With over 20 years of experience in the automation industry, Factory Surplus Direct is a trusted source for automation and robotic parts, service and support. Be a part of our team!
We are looking for a resourceful, experienced cable harness technician to join our team. The ideal candidate will be able to work individually to complete tasks, as well as be an efficient team member. They will also be able to interact with customers when necessary, and liaise with vendors. The cable harness technician duties include:
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded individual with an educational background in electronics and/or automation. Preference will be given to electrical technicians and technologists. Experience in service related jobs or manufacturing environments would be an asset. The ability to comfortably use a wide range of tools, testing meters, computers, and software is imperative for this position.
FSD provides a great workplace environment, focusing on our core values: Integrity & Respect, Teamwork, Health & Happiness, Innovation & Speed, and Resourcefulness. We get involved in the community in multiple ways, through charity sponsors, corporate events and trade shows. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package after the specified probationary period.
● Building and testing custom robot harnesses
● Building industrial cables
● Reading Electrical schematics
● Creating CAD drawings
● Creating documentation and quality documents
● Assisting in electronics labs as needed
● Assisting with industrial robot testing
● Maintaining cable & parts database
● Assisting with specifications and ordering of components
● Must be physically fit (able to lift up to 40 kg repeatedly) and have safety footwear
● Must have valid G class drivers license
● Skills in soldering, and crimping
● Experience with electronic inventory management systems an asset
● Ability to read electrical schematics
● Must have strong electrical/automation background
● Must be organized and punctual
● Automation: 1 year (Preferred)
● AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)